13-year-old electrocuted while taking selfie with friends atop train coach

13-year-old electrocuted while taking selfie with friends atop train coach

Bhubaneswar: A 13-year-old boy was burnt alive and two of his friends were injured after they came in contact with a live wire while clicking selfies atop a train coach, which had been converted into a COVID isolation unit, in Gajapati district on Wednesday, police said.
P Surya and his two friends went atop the coach stationed at Parlakhemundi railway station and were clicking selfies.
While Surya was electrocuted and died at the spot, the two other friends received minor burn injuries and are being treated. The roof mat of the coach also caught fire and had to be doused by fire tenders.
The COVID-19 isolation coaches were stabled on route number two of the station and kept around 100 metres away from the main gate. A Junior Administrative Group has been constituted by the Divisional Railway Manager of Waltair to investigate the incident.

CATEGORIES
TAGS
Share This

COMMENTS

Wordpress (0)
Disqus ( )